Welcome to the brave new world of VOZ numbers, which today translates into a whopping total TV number of 3.3 million for the State of origin.
This morning OzTAM reported a preliminary 1.98 million overnight stays on the Metro.
But as of 1pm the new VOZ figures came in at 1.8m meter (down from preliminary figure) + 973,000 regional viewers + 536,000 BVOD.
That total is 3.311 million in Total TV.
About those numbers Nine stated the following:
- State of Origin – Game 1 is the highest rated program of the year
- State of Origin – Game 1 is the highest rated game since Game 1 in 2018
- State of Origin – Game 1 shattered live streaming records, achieving the highest live BVOD audience of all time against all broadcasters.
- State of Origin – Game 1 2023 up from last year’s State of Origin Match 1 by +11.9% Metro, 22.1% Regional, 26.1% BVOD and 16.5% TTL TV
- State of Origin – Game 1 2023 is the highest rated State of Origin game in Adelaide of all time
- State of Origin Match had a live BVOD audience of 536,000 (+26% YoY)..
- State of Origin Match completely dominated its timeslot with Total People and all key demos in 5 city metro and east coast and all major capital cities
Next year VOZ should replace the night metro in daily reports.