An online gathering for film, TV and production freelancers, will be held on Sunday October 15.
CrewCon will host presentations, workshops and panel discussions for experienced and emerging crew across Australia, with a focus on career strategy, and actionable conversations around industry change.
Conference Director Kirsty Stark, Emmy-award winning Producer and founder of CrewHQ, said, “Having started my career in camera department, I’ve long been aware of the lack of industry conferences for freelancers, particularly below the line crew. CrewCon is designed to fill that gap, offering actionable career strategy, thought-provoking conversation, and networking opportunities for crew at any stage of their careers.”
Jen Waldman, Founder and Artistic Director of JWS, New York’s premier training centre for Broadway actors, will give a keynote session.
Other conference highlights include:
● Entrepreneurial Thinking for Freelancers – David Court from Compton School
● Building a Personal Brand – Lucas Tomoana, Camera Operator and host of the Cinemapodgrapher podcast.
● Negotiation for Freelancers – Sam Trattles, Professional Negotiator from Other Side of the Table
● The Freelance Five – Monica Davidson of Creative Plus Business.
● Be a Better Leader (in 45 mins or Less!) – Denise Eriksen and Esther Coleman-Hawkins, Media Mentors
… alongside engaging discussions with crew on critical industry themes, including Parenting, Job Sharing, Crew Diversity and Working with Agents.
This will be followed by a virtual Wrap Drinks session, where crew will have the opportunity to participate in 1:1 speed networking, or visit breakout rooms to meet other crew in the same location, crew role or area of interest.
The conference is made possible by the generous support of major sponsors CrewHQ and Screen Queensland, as well as partnerships with the SAFC, Screen Tasmania, Screenwest, Screen Territory, Northern Rivers Screenworks and The Mercury.